Nothing happens when I start a one-way session

Jun 27, 2008 at 2:44 AM
I can connect to both servers and see each's projects.

I select the root folder on both servers.

I click save.

I click start as "one-way"

Job shows up as running, but it never stops and nothing ever shows up in the window below.

Earlier in the day, I was able to get one sub-folder migrated, but it removed it form the source and put it in the destination - not sure this is desired or not. But since then, nothing has worked.

So I restarted the server - nothing.

I uninstalled the tool and re-installed it - nothing.

This is quite frustrating as I need to move from a test server to a production server and I want to keep the history instead of taking a "cut".

Please help! :)
Jun 27, 2008 at 7:01 AM
So I partially figured it out. The problem I described above was on a win2003 server, but I first tried it on Vista with no luck. My issue on Vista is the "Run as administrator" which it clearly states on the shortcut to launch the app - yes I did notice it. However, I have the annoying ACL or whatever its called turned off so everything runs as admin - at least that's what I thought - apparently you still need to "run as admin..." or it won't work - even if you are an admin and have the annoying ACL thing turned off.

I suspect the server issue may have been my impatience with the process and I might have stopped it before it was done -then went and mucked with TFS - dunno. Maybe a suggestion is to inform people that when the data refreshes its displaying the most recent first - not last as I assumed so looking at the older date at the bottom of the list led me to believe it hung.

Hope this helps other people struggling with this tool :)