How can you troubleshoot this?

Oct 23, 2008 at 3:46 PM
I'm trying out the tool and simply nothing is happening.  Is there any log anywhere I can check?
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2008 at 5:44 PM
A trace file should be created in the directory you installed it to.  If its not being created then most likly its a permissions problem; make sure that you are running the process elevated and that the service has the logon as service right.
You can also look in the machines event log.

Thanks
Curtis
Oct 23, 2008 at 6:03 PM
Edited Oct 23, 2008 at 6:05 PM

What do you mean by run the process elevated? I have the service account that was requested during installation set for “log on as service” and in my local administrators group. Am I supposed to launch the application as that service?? I don’t have this transaction log in my application directory and nothing unusual in my event log. I’m stumped at this point.

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2008 at 5:25 PM
Edited Oct 24, 2008 at 5:31 PM
In Vista even though you are an admin, processes are not started with Admin (elevated) privileges by defualt.  If it is working right when you start it, a prompt should come up telling you that the process needs Admin privileges and click ok to continue.

The easiest way to check if the account you entered has the log on as service right is to go to the services list (right click on My Computer-Manage.-> Services and Applications -> Services )  find the migration service (Name = Team Foundation Server Migration Service) and make sure that its Status is "Started" if its not then you should be able to start it from the right click menu.  If the account doesn't have the right permission to start you will get an error message saying so, and (i think) the opportunity to give it the required permission.

Thanks
Curtis
Oct 24, 2008 at 5:31 PM

Well after you post yesterday I doublechecked everything but decided to reboot my system and that solved it. I must have some component that just sat idle. Anyways, I’m good now!

Lou Machado, Sunrise Configuration Management

Eclipsys Corporation

P: 604.244.3220

The Eclipsys mission: To be the most-respected company in the healthcare information technology industry by exceeding client expectations. Eclipsys team members strive to embody our core values of Client Focus, Integrity, Mutual Respect, Commitment to Excellence, Open Communication, and Passion.

NOTICE: This email and any attachments are intended only for the named recipient(s), and may include confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you are not the named recipient, you are not authorized to copy, print, share, save or rely upon this email or any attachments; instead please notify the sender by reply and immediately destroy this email and any attachments.