This release did not work for me, but previous release did

Nov 4, 2008 at 7:09 PM
Edited Nov 4, 2008 at 7:31 PM
I did exactly the same on both releases, previous release worked great - got status messages - this release I got nothing - no status and cpu pegged when starting one-way migration.

You seem to be hardcodeing the server part of the db setup - eg. "localhost\" and expect the instance name which never worked - need to have more explantion text on this screen.

Using the server name without the web url seems to not work correctly on the source project, but works fine on the dest project.<a< />
Nov 4, 2008 at 7:30 PM
Some more information...

The previous version didn't work either - I kept getting session aborted. So I uninstalled, but left database intact and then reinstalled v1.1.

This time, I got statuses when migration source code when I didn't before so I think the database setup might need some work.

Also, you check for the specific username in the admin group, but what if that username is part of a group? (eg. machine_admins)

Maybe you can call the windows api or something to see if the user has admin privs instead of looking specifically in the admin group?

I'm up and running now - what an ordeal :)