Error deleting session

Dec 16, 2008 at 9:32 PM
Click on a session, click the delete button and get:

Message: Error Deleting Session  Check Event Log for Details.  Error information: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
 Call Stack:    at Microsoft.Vsts.Ranger.Migration.TfsToTfs.Client.Common.SessionFileManager.DeleteSession(String sessionId)
   at Microsoft.Vsts.Ranger.Migration.TfsToTfs.Client.MigrationHome.btnDelete_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
Dec 16, 2008 at 9:35 PM
Were you trying to delete a WIT session? This is a known bug and is on our task list.

Thanks,
Terry
Developer
Dec 16, 2008 at 9:36 PM
Hi, Kolchak,

Can you try to close the UI. Restart the service and then restart the UI. Try to delete the session again this time.

Let us know the result.

Thanks,
Pei
Dec 16, 2008 at 9:42 PM
Closed the UI, restarted service, restarted UI and same result. After I posted this I saw someone else has the same bug, seems to be delete TFS05 to TFS08 sessions. 

I can build a debug version and step through if that helps?

Cheers,
Karl
Dec 16, 2008 at 9:49 PM
Karl,

We have repro here for the bug (deleting WIT sessions). We will deliver the fix in next release.

Thanks,
Terry
Dec 16, 2008 at 9:55 PM
Awesome, thanks Terry. 

Also, have you seen this before:

Cheers,
Karl
Dec 22, 2008 at 6:21 PM
I got the same issue when trying to migrate code to a nonexisting destination Version Control folder. I had manually typed in /ProjectName/OldFolderName (OldFolderName did not exist at the time) as the destination. Once that was done I realized i had made a mistake and wanted to delete the session at which point i was presented with the 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' error. Once i created OldFolderName under the destination project I was able to delete the session.

Hopefully this info helps someone.
Dec 22, 2008 at 6:58 PM

ZVERO,

Thanks for reporting the issue!
We have had a fix for the bug described by Karl - failure of deleting WIT migration/sync session. Your scenario seems to be another symptom, i.e. failure of deleting VC migration/sync sessions in certain condition, of the same bug. We will make sure it is covered in our test.

Regards,
Terry