TF30076 Error connecting to a server.

Jul 24, 2009 at 6:55 PM

I downloaded the TFS to TFS migration tool in hopes to migrate versioned items and work items from one tfs server to a clean install of tfs on another server.  I installed the migration tool on the new instance server, and when I try to connect to the current "old" server, I receive the "Error Connecting to server.  Message Follows: TF30076: The server name ####### provided does not correspond to a server URI that can be found. Confirm that the server name is correcrt." message.

Is there some setting that I missed when I installed?  Both servers are on the same network domain.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

Kevin Hogan

Developer
Jul 28, 2009 at 9:07 PM

Kevin,

Can you try to verify the connection to your source and target server by trying to connect from a Team Explorer client on the migration machine? If you can connect the server from Team Explorer, you can just copy the Uri and paste it into the migration tools. Note that you may need to copy the whole uri instead of just the server name.

-Pei

Aug 10, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Pei,

Thanks for the reply.  The trick worked but I also had another issue where the service account was missing from the serivce account group.

Thanks for the help.

Kevin Hogan