Synchronization Engine Crashing

Aug 4, 2009 at 7:18 PM

I have followed the instructions and added my account to the "service accounts" group.  I can successfully migrate version control information.  I am linking the version control info when doing a WIT migration and in the Migration activity tab I get the "Synchronization Engine Crash" message on my WIT session.  From the error below it appears that the QualityOfServiceTypes don't match so what would be a solution to this?  Thanks for any help with this matter.

Here is what I get in the SQL Server "Exception" column:

Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Provision.ProvisionValidationException: TF26177: The field Microsoft.VSTS.Common.QualityOfServiceType cannot be renamed from 'Quality of Service Type - MSF for Agile Software Development - v4_2' to 'Quality of Service Type'.      at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Provision.ImporterField.Update(XmlElement fieldElement)     at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Provision.ImporterFields..ctor(ImporterData sharedData, XmlNodeList fieldNodes)     at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Provision.WITImporter.ImportFieldDefinitions(XmlElement root)     at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Provision.WITImporter.Translate(XmlElement element)     at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Provision.ProvisionClass.ImportValidateWorkItemTypeInternal(Int32 projectId, String methodologyName, XmlElement typeElement, ActionType action)     at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Provision.ProvisionClass.ImportValidateWorkItemType(Int32 projectId, String methodologyName, XmlElement typeElement, ActionType action)     at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.Provision.ProvisionClass.ImportWorkItemType(WorkItemStore ws, Int32 projectId, String methodologyName, XmlElement typeElement, ImportEventHandler handler)     at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.WorkItemTracking.Client.WorkItemTypeCollection.Import(XmlElement definitionElement)     at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Migration.Toolkit.Wit.TfsMigrationWorkItemStore.SyncWorkItemTypes(Project p)     at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Migration.Toolkit.Wit.TfsMigrationWorkItemStore.SynchronizeMetadata(Project project)     at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Migration.Toolkit.Wit.SyncProcess.SynchronizeMetadata()     at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Migration.Toolkit.Wit.SyncProcess.ItemsSyncPass(IEnumerable`1 items)     at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Migration.Toolkit.Wit.SyncProcess.SinglePass()     at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Migration.Toolkit.WorkItemTrackingSession.Synchronize(SystemType primarySystem)