Session Aborted - Unknown Change Type

Sep 24, 2009 at 4:05 PM

I'm migrating projects to a new server.  Both source and destination are TFS 2008.  I've migrated several libraries successfully based on a simple (root-to-root) configuration.  This session aborted with the error, "An unknown change type has been encountered while processing".  If the log is needed, please let me know where to send it.

Developer
Sep 24, 2009 at 4:25 PM

Jdn,

What is the version of your source and destination TFS server? Are they TFS2008 RTM or SP1?

From the log file, you should be able to find the changeset the migration tool was analyzing when hit this exception. Then on your source TFS server, you can do a 'tf.exe changeset <changeset number>' to list all changes in the changeset. There may be a changetype that the migration tool don't know how to handle.

Can you send us the detailed changeset information if the changeset is not too large?

Thanks,

Pei

Sep 24, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Build number for Source (9.0.21022.8) - RTM

Build number for Destination (9.0.30729.1) - SP1

Detailed changeset information sent via email reply.

Sep 24, 2009 at 8:06 PM

As requested… attached is the detailed info for the changeset that the migration tool aborted.  The TFS versions on the servers in question.

Build number for Source (9.0.21022.8) - RTM

Build number for Destination (9.0.30729.1) - SP1

Thanks.

John

Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 8:25 AM
To: Navalta, John
Subject: Re: Session Aborted - Unknown Change Type [tfstotfsmigration:69987]

Jdn,

What is the version of your source and destination TFS server? Are they TFS2008 RTM or SP1?

From the log file, you should be able to find the changeset the migration tool was analyzing when hit this exception. Then on your source TFS server, you can do a 'tf.exe changeset <changeset number>' to list all changes in the changeset. There may be a changetype that the migration tool don't know how to handle.

Can you send us the detailed changeset information if the changeset is not too large?

Thanks,

Pei

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (tfstotfsmigration@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email tfstotfsmigration@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Sep 25, 2009 at 9:46 PM

John,

I didn't recieve the attachement for the changeset info. If it is not too large, can you paste it here as text?

Pei

Sep 29, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Over 2000 rows of text - you still want it pasted?  If I should send it via email again, please provide the email address.

Oct 1, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I tried to send the information to migtool@microsoft.com from two different email addresses and both were denied.  Please advise.

Developer
Oct 2, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Please try tfstotfs@microsoft.com

Thanks,

Pei